Introduction to Our Process
Once you choose a package and either pay in full on our website or make your down payment on a payment plan through PayPal, you receive:
1. a welcome email
2. login instructions to our web portal
3. a link to schedule our first coaching session together
Session #1: Discovering Your Job Search Focus
We start together with our first session of coaching, where we get crystal clear on the following:
1. Who You Are
2. What Strengths and Value you bring to your next employer
3. What EXACTLY you want out of your next role
We do this by producing a Personal Preferences RoadmapTM, which becomes the customized focal point for your job search and which we use as the criteria for job leads we might send you once our Job Placement Services begin after you receive your deliverables.
Session #2: Developing Your Brand Message
In the next coaching session (scheduled together at the end of our first session), we create together your branded 30 second Elevator Pitch which finds itself in three places:
1. At the top of your resume mingled with your summary and three of your strongest career highlight bullets
2. On your About summary section on your LinkedIn profile as a marketing magnet with a Call To Action
3. It also becomes your scripted answer for the interview question, “tell me about yourself!”
Within 48 hours, the first draft of your resume is emailed to you as well as your Cover Letter and Thank You Letter. Once we agree your resume is ready for applying with, your LinkedIn profile is updated and optimized within 24 hours. This is also when your Job Placement Services officially begins.
Job Placement Services
As you send us job listings, we pursue the recruiters who have posted those job openings as well as work to find the decision-maker above them. As always, the goal of our efforts is to get you to the interview. These services include 30 days for the Enhanced, 60 days for the Boosted and 90 days for the Raise the Roof package.
The following is a list of functions we perform on your behalf:
- Share up to three job leads in alignment with your Personal Preferences RoadmapTM
- Research and locate the relevant recruiters who own the job posting requisition.
- Reach out to them on Linkedin with a connection request.
- Once they accept our connection request, we ask them to consider your application and any relevant questions you may want to ask but are concerned by doing so yourself. We include your cover letter and resume in that conversation.
- If we don’t hear back from them within 2-3 days, we follow up over the phone with them as your representative to see if they have reviewed your applications.
Session #3: Uncovering Hidden Opportunities and Networking
Newly armed with your resume and LinkedIn profile, we train you how to position yourself as a Subject Matter Expert in your field on LinkedIn and how to draw the attention of recruiters and decision makers alike so you get noticed.
Session #4: Interviewing Skills & Practice
In this session, we put on a mock interview, where we work on putting your Brand Message to the test and build your confidence. We provide feedback in real-time for your benefit and skill development.
Session #5: Salary Negotiation
What are your salary requirements? WAIT! Don’t give them a number just yet! First, learn the art of communicating your value to your potential or existing employer so you are paid what you deserve. Recently, one of our clients emailed to tell us they received an offer letter. Using the skills we taught him in this session, he was able to negotiate for $21k more in starting annual base salary AND a fully remote position, which is what he wanted from the start!
Session #6: Onboarding for Success
Do you know why 28% of all job seekers who got hired in 2018 were no longer employed by that company 12 months later in 2019 (you can’t blame covid-19 for this one!)? They failed to onboard well in their first 90 days. During this session, we help you STAY in your job and THRIVE by teaching you what potential pitfalls to look out for, what questions to ask, assessing who your power players are, finding your team of advisors and supporters as well as setting up your initial habits and goal setting so your first quarter is filled with less stress and more success.
Session #7: Now that You’ve Got the Job, Let’s Uncover Secrets to THRIVING IN YOUR JOB
Using my book as a launching point for discussion, learn the art of self-care as well as leadership of others which flows from loving yourself well. Here we are going to take assessments and develop skills and habits to help you in your personal growth, both of yourself and of others.
Session #8: Living the Portfolio Life
Most of us are aware of diversifying our financial portfolios, but do we diversify our time and activities to prioritize what’s truly most important to us AND maximize our income at the same time? Here we learn the art of the Portfolio Life where we discover what living semi-retired looks and feels like.