If you want to know how to find your life purpose and your right career then think through the following questions. Are you considering a job change, but you keep putting it off for one reason or another? Moreover, are you struggling with feeling purposeless and directionless in your life? Most often, our lack of clear ideas for a job or career change keeps us trapped in our current situation.
What we’re really lacking is the ability to think differently about what’s possible for us.
If you feel stuck, trapped, or unable to think of anything at all that might serve you in finding a new job or career, here are some tips to help you think differently about potential and practicality that could stir up a whole host of new ideas for you.
How to Find Your Life Purpose and Right Career:
- What is it that you DON’T want to do? Oftentimes, identifying what we don’t want can shine a light on what we do want, simply by considering the opposite.
- For example: if you absolutely hate the commute, then working closer to home or even at home might be preferable.
- Do you hate conforming to rules and regulations? Maybe something that would allow you to work under your own initiative with your own ideas would be ideal. One idea is to consider writing.
- Are you putting yourself under pressure to conform to someone else’s perceived impression of you? If you are, then perhaps you have thoughts like these:
- I SHOULD have a professional position
- My salary should be $100k (or $250k) because of my background
- Other people will respect and admire me for having THIS TITLE
- Deep in your heart, maybe you really want to build dry stone walls with your bare hands, on your own, out on the ranch
- Check your feelings to see whose rules you are actually following. You will never be happy unless you follow your own idea of what makes your heart sing. Are you really prepared to let others dictate how you should spend your life and make a living?
- What if anything was possible? What would you do with your time? Try thinking without restraint or limitation. What would you do if absolutely anything were possible?
- Would you travel?
- Build something?
- What would you create?
- Buy and sell something?
- Where would you go?
- Who would you go with?
- How much time would you spend there?
- How much money would you make?
- What would you be like if you reinvented yourself completely? For example: If you could turn back the clock and unload all the junk that you’ve collected in your mind and heart so far in your life? Or what if you could eliminate all the mistakes, errors of judgment, and wasted time of the past?
- Where would you be and what would you be doing?
- Who would you be doing it with?
- Where would you be doing it and why?
- What if you seized some of the opportunities you’ve turned down and refused some of the opportunities you’ve taken? What would your life be like now? Where would you be? Who would you be with? What would you be doing? How does that feel?
- What would this brand new you look like? What kind of work would you be engaged in? How much money might you be making? How much joy would you have in your life? Where would you live? Why there? Is this “new you” inspiring?
- What if your new career wasn’t grandiose, world class, or life changing for anyone else? Would that matter to you? Additionally, what if it was modest, relatively inconspicuous, but incredibly important to your own heart and soul?
- Just because some ideas are bigger, that doesn’t automatically make them better. Therefore, what you are searching for here is a perfect fit for you, not for someone else.
- If you’re a person of faith, what does God say about you and your career? How does your faith inform how to find your life purpose and the right career for you? Have you ever asked God what would help you fulfill the mandates of your faith in this life?
What if you could identify what you really want today? If you could, would you get started? Would you begin exploring? Begin making that transition from where you are right now to where you really want to be?
Your life is waiting. Time to get clear!
3 Favorite Resources on How to Find Your Life Purpose and Career
- What Color is Your Parachute?
- The Purpose-Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
- Pivot: Is It Time For a Change?
Need Help Finding Your Life Purpose and Your Right Career?
Strategic Clarity Coaching for Life and Career. Stop the merry go round applying for job after job online, using a broad and wide approach. This is merely mimicking what your competition is doing! As a result, doing this guarantees you will remain stuck in continual search mode for longer than necessary. Don’t give in to the temptation to shoot a bow and arrow and draw your target around the arrow wherever it landed on the wood fence!
We help you start by connecting you to Your Life Plan, creating your Personal Preferences RoadmapTM, and crafting your Elevator Pitch.
Your job search begins with WHO you are and WHERE you want to go. How would YOU answer: “tell me about yourself?” in a way that’s relevant to the potential employer in front of you?
Job Search Tools upgrade: In this phase, we consider job search tools as Resume writing, LinkedIn profile updates and optimization, cover letters and thank you letters. Firstly, there are no forms, templates or resume-mill here. Secondly, you work directly with us. Thirdly, our resumes are targeted and include your elevator pitch with three of your strongest career highlighted bullets. As a result, your work experience on your resume will be easier to read if it has three to six achievements-based bullets with quantifiable data focused on your accomplishments, rather than 10-12 bullets that read like a job description.
Job Search Strategy upgrade: In this next phase, we examine your current Goals, Habits, and Networking tactics and upgrade them so you’re more strategic, less stressed and productive. Additionally, we help you become a subject matter expert in your field on LinkedIn so recruiters come to YOU rather than having to knock on THEIR door all the time!
Job Support Services: Now that your strategy and tools are in place, we advocate on your behalf to decision-makers as your recruiting headhunter. Our goal is to get you to the interview, equipped with all the necessary skills developed from our interview, follow up and salary negotiation coaching in order to help you get hired.
Our journey together doesn’t end once you accept a job offer and get hired. Moreover, our framework helps you transform into a better version of yourself! Firstly, we upgrade your Self-Care protocol and daily habits of personal development. Secondly, we create a successful Onboarding Cadence of a 30-60-90 Day Plan. As a result, we build upon your plans so you begin to live a Portfolio Life, which is the art of living semi-retired, now.
Your future self will THANK YOU for it! What are you waiting for? Be a Career Upgrader… your journey starts now.
Invest in YOU today by Scheduling a No-Cost Clarity Call Today!
© 2021. Neil Schultz for Career Upgrader, LLC.