If anything, COVID-19 has taught us that more than likely, the onsite, in person interview has become more rare. For online video (zoom) interviews, we address those concerns in another article. They usually occur after the initial phone interview. Here is your second chance (after your application, resume and cover letter) to wow your interviewer. Use these simple seven guidelines to win your phone interview!
- Research just as much as you would for an in-person interview
- Get dressed and stand up to sound more powerful and confident
- Eliminate any potential for interruptions, noise, and other distractions
- Have your resume and the job description in front of you
- Use a reliable phone line and answer the interviewers call by stating your name
- Don’t forget to SMILE – interviewers can sense it
- If the interviewer calls unannounced it’s acceptable to reschedule to give yourself time to prepare
Still need help? For more details, learn how to work with me.
We Offer Three Solutions:
Strategic Clarity, Career Search and Interview Coaching. Stop spinning your wheels applying for job after job online, using a broad and wide approach. My clients land meetings with decision makers at top employers and get jobs they really want, using a focused approach. It begins with WHO you are and WHERE you want to go. How would YOU answer: “tell me about yourself?” I understand the interview process and will ensure you are confident and prepared.
Executive-style resumes, Linkedin profile optimization, cover letters and thank you letters. No forms, templates or resume-mill here. You work directly with me. My resumes are custom, attractive, Applicant Tracking Software friendly and full of quantifiable data.
Job Placement Services. I serve as an advocate and recruiter for my coaching clients. I leverage my network and know how to get a foot in the door to be a voice in your corner, pitching to recruiters and hiring managers alike on your behalf.
See our Services and Packages and let’s get started right away!
© 2020. Neil Schultz for Career Upgrader, LLC.
Comments are closed